THERE WAS A time, not so long ago, when getting trigger-happy with the tweezers was fashionable.
Many a good eyebrow was lost to this trend, and some of us are still out here trying to get them back. These are our struggles.
1. Remember when you were convinced you had a unibrow? Remember that?
“This is it now,” your 12-year-old self thought. “There is precisely one black hair between my eyebrows, and therefore no boy will ever like me.”
2. So you took your mam’s tweezers and went to town on every stray hair
Not just once. Not twice. Many times, until your eyebrows resembled two tadpoles on your face.
3. Now everyone’s like “Ooh Cara Delevingne! Oh, Lily Collins!” and you’re raging
Raging! You’d have been run out of town for brows like that, back in your day!
4. So you’ve tried every growth trick under the sun
Oils, potions, sacrifices to pagan gods – you name it, it’s been done in the name of brows.
5. And every Pinterest ‘hack’ you could find
“Soap on a stick! Of course! Why didn’t I ever think of that before!” – you, half crazed for want of an eyebrow.
6. Yet still, there are patches where hair just refuses to grow
You really did pluck them into oblivion. Poor things.
7. You feel personally victimised by the whole ‘brows on fleek’ meme
You don’t think we want to have good eyebrows?
8. But these Instagram transformations give you hope
The closest thing to actual magic we’ve ever seen.
9. And you regularly thank the Lord for Anastasia Beverly Hills
Or whatever brow helpers you’re having yourself. You da real MVP, brow gel.
We all know that poor health and diet can reflect the way we look. Shiny hair, clear skin and strong nail are signs of good health. Specific foods can have a positive impact on your skin, hair, health and overall wellbeing. How To Achieve Healthy Hair And A Healthy...
Every year we are all guilty of making New Year resolutions that don’t last, from getting fit in January which is forgotten about by February. Time to change those resolutions to being about self-improvement to self-knowledge. These are resolutions worth keeping. Neil...
As a little blogger from the humble city of Peterborough, I absolutely love it when I get the chance to support, review and test out places in my home town. In fact, in my experience, you often find that some of the best places are right on your doorstep. Which is why...