We ALL know the struggles of wearing falsies, or tried to wear. We’ve all been through it and some of us probably still are. As great as they can look, the pain and effort of trying to get them on and stay on just isn’t worth it! We’ve rounded up the most annoying things that happen when trying to wear strip lashes:
1. You cut the lashes too short
Now they’re too short so it looks like you’ve only put half a lash on.
2. The glue doesn’t work
You didn’t bother buying a separate lash glue. “Nah, I don’t need to buy one, they come with one already”. Big mistake.
3. You have left over gunk from the last time you wore them… or tried to wear them
The old glue is clumpy and just… gross.
4. The lash won’t lay on your natural lashes properly
They just don’t want sit comfortably on your lashes. Like telling a dog to sit but they just stare at you with their tongue out instead.
5. Accidentally gluing your eye shut
Yes! The lash glue is just the right amount of tacky, oh, but wait… too tacky it seems, and too much, because you’ve just GLUED your eye SHUT.
6. Intense concentration is involved when you’re trying to put them on
*calculates drying time, angles, taxi ETA, the square root of 563, why does the word gigantic have 2 different sounding G’s?*
7. The lash applicator you bought on eBay actually just makes things worse
Unfortunately, you won’t get the $2.56 back because the seller doesn’t accept refunds and also, just let it sink in that you waited over a month for it to arrive from the other side of the world.
8. They’re too thick and heavy so you look like you’re sleeping in public
Or, you really are sleeping on the bus.
9. You’ve lost one lash
So you’ve finally managed to put one on but you can’t find the other lash…
10. You mistaken it for a huge spider
You’ve found the long lost lash but immediately mistaken it for a huge spider!
11. You wear glasses
The lashes will push against the glasses which is irritating, so you risk being blind for the day, for the sake of your falsies
12. You’ve ruined your super soft smokey eye
Yep… that perfect smokey eye took you forever to get just right, but you’ve ruined it
13. Your uber has arrived
The uber driver arrived waaaay quicker than expected (so you think… actually it was on time) but you don’t even have one lash on yet
14. They start to fall off at the most inconvenient time ever
The lighting is perfect, you’re about to take the best selfie EVER. But…
15. After spending majority of your time trying to get them on, you finally give up
Only to try again the next day
16. You look like a different person when you take them off
You finally got them on but now you can’t cope with how different you look and feel like you need to go through all that pain every day
17. And finally, you’ve spent all your money on lashes you can’t even put on
You’ve stooped to a new low… and also gone into overdraft
Don’t let this be you…
This is now the time to have some me time. Feeling overwhelmed? Stressed and anxious? Make time for self care and some much needed TLC. Even during normal times and our usual daily lives, the internet and social media can be a little overwhelming. I’ve unfortunately...
Want hair as good as the Kardashians? You need the latest collection by Andrew Fitzsimons for Primark
This is a collaboration here at HQ we are excited about. Andrew Fitzsimons is the go to hairstylist to the A lists. He has celebrity clients including the Kardashians. Fitzsimons says “People often ask me how they can create the looks I deliver for my clients at an...
Trying to achieve those perfect fluffy, long lashes, can often start to feel like more of a chore than anything else. We find ourselves stuck in an endless cycle of curling, brushing through, coating with mascara, and finally having to undo our painstakingly perfect...