We are always looking for the best ways to get that glowy flawless skin. Well let’s take it back to basics with steaming. Steaming the skin is a great way to loosen dirt and clogged pores. The heat induces sweating which flushes out the pores. Freshly steamed skin is much more receptive to products you put on your face afterward, enhancing their effect. Steaming the skin is a great time to take up to 5-15 minutes to relax and reflect, and even meditate.
Dermologist Elizabeth Tanzi of Capital Laser & Skin Care shows the wonders of steaming, “Steam helps to increase oil production to moisturize skin, and it can bring a nice, healthy glow to dull skin”. The process is safe for everyone, except those who are prone to redness or have rosacea which should be avoided. Steaming is also beneficial during the winter months or for those with dry skin because it helps increase hydration. This is all something we want right now.
One of the old school techniques is home steaming, which is free and works just as well. Always start by cleansing the skin before starting. Ensure you drink plenty of water before exposing your skin to any kind of heat. Here are top tips for home steaming.
Step 1- Your Base
- You can just use tap of distilled water for your steaming, or you can try something different. Instead of drinking a cuppa why not use it for your steam. Beauty teas offer health benefits that are good for you from the inside out, like antioxidants. They’re also supposed to help your body release toxins. Why not try Green Tea as it contains polyphenols, which has protective and anti-aging benefits. You will be looking and feeling great inside and out.
Step 2 – Adding Herbs and Oils
- You can just use step one for your steam, or you can add dried herbs and oils which can offer extra benefits. Different herbs can be beneficial for different skin types, and different oils for calming or invigorating effects.
Chamomile can help with skin inflammation and dermatitis, making it great for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
This fragrant herb may be a good option for those with oily skin.
This herb is great for dry skin or eczema, and it has relaxing aromatherapy benefits. It’s great to do before an evening of unwinding, and will prepare you for a blissful night’s sleep.
This oil derived from the geranium flower is a natural astringent that tightens and tones the skin.
If you deal with acne or are congested, this is a great option. Also, if you have the common cold which unfortunately it’s that time of year this will help.
Along with having uplifting aromatherapy properties, orange may also help with blocked pores and a dull complexion. This will give you that glow dewy skin you are after.
Step 3 – The steam itself
- Keep your eyes closed.You’ll be more comfortable, you won’t risk irritating your eyes, and you can allow your eyelids to enjoy the benefits of the steam.
- Keep your face 6 to 10 inches away.You don’t want to get too close to the bowl or sink and risk getting burned. Listen to your skin and do what feels comfortable.
- After the steam rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.Your skin will be extra sensitive, so you don’t want to irritate it by rubbing with a towel.
- Once cleansed a clay mask is great option as it has the ability to cleanse, and also cool down the skin. Now you can apply your favourite moisturiser, serum or facial oil and your skin will feel amazing. Want to add a bit more pampering to your home treatment by adding a facial massage. Use your fingers to gently massage your forehead, cheeks, and neck using upward strokes.
It’s award season, and we have got all the Glamour inspiration you need. From the Oscars to the Brits the best beauty looks and tips to how to achieve them. If you are A lister then the next few months are full of glitz and glam. From the Oscars to the Brits we have...
Throughout the last decade, we have seen the very dark, ultra bold brows take control and play their part in the beauty community and on the catwalk. But like fashion, brow trends transition too and here are the brows I think will be making their mark this year. Trend...
One of our #Browcrushes here at Benito HQ is Hailey Bieber. After having the wedding of 2019 and being the face of the most renowned designer fashion brands. The model has shared her skincare regime through Instagram stories. This is something we have all wanted to...