- Throughout these Terms & Conditions “We”, “Us” and “Our” are all references to the provider of the Services; namely ‘Benito and Marco Benito’ ;
- Throughout these Terms & Conditions “You” or “Your” are references to the client contracting with Us under these Terms & Conditions.
- Consent form/Client record form means the informed consent to Treatment required by Us (Benito) and completed by You before any treatment commences
- For all consultations, you must read and tick the medical form, if you tick yes to any of the medical conditions you must have a doctor’s note stating that you are fit to have the procedure
BENITO COVID-19 UPDATE
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and clients. As such we kindly request you to answer these questions prior to booking your appointments.Have you at any point in the last 7 days had a-continuous cough?-a fever?-any loss or change to your sense of smell or taste?-been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19?
- If you answer YES to any of the above, please cancel/reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive on time and alone (babies ok), please cancel if you feel unwell and display any COVID-19 symptoms. If we see signs of the symptoms we have the right to reschedule your appointment.Please do not forget your mask; hand sanitiser will be available upon arrival.Please note some treatments may take a little longer than usual as we prepare and sanitise between each and every client.
Thank you for your patience through this time.
- You agree to pay the Price in full on completion of your first treatment
- Deposit means the non- refundable deposit of £100 before any treatment commences
- Full deposit of £100 (price dependant if there is a promotion) will be taken on the same day as your consultation this is non-refundable
- The remaining amount will be due on the day of the treatment, which would include a Retouch
- Those treatments with a ‘Retouch treatment’ means the treatment which follows and is complementary to the initial treatment, where applicable and is free of charge on the strict condition that it is booked at the time on your initial treatment and is then taken within 4-6 weeks of your initial treatment
Top Up Treatment
- Those treatments with a ‘Top Up treatment’ means the treatment is a separate price which is based on the time since the Retouch appointment
- We accept all major credit cards, payment is accepted by credit or debit card or cash. Cheques are not accepted
- For Semi-Permanent and Microblading bookings we would advise you to book two weeks in advance. Bookings can be made using this telephone number 0121 643 1977
- You can only make a booking for consultations and Top Up treatments a minimum of 24 hours after your Skin Test
- In the event you would like to reschedule or cancel your appointment, you must give us a call on this number 0121 6431977 up to 24 hours prior to your treatment. If you miss an appointment without contacting us, this is classed as a missed appointment. The £100 deposit will be carried forward to a future appointment attended within a period of (6 months) from the date of cancellation.
- If you missed the appointment your £100 deposit will be non-refundable, this is explained during the booking procedure
- If you are cancelling a Retouch please be aware after the 6th week since your treatment you will lose the Retouch and you will be charged Top Up prices
- If you are more than 20 minutes late without prior notice, this will class as a missed appointment and you will lose your £100 deposit
- You must have a Skin Test, this must be taken 24 hours prior to your consultation. If you have an allergic reaction to the Skin Test, we also do a scratch test, if you have an allergic reaction to both you will not be able to proceed with the treatment. You must wait 6 months and visit us again
- You cannot book a consultation until a minimum of 24 hours have passed since your Skin Test
Limitation of Liability
- Prices are subject to change; however, we will honour the price your appointment was associated with
- Prices are subject to change and further charges may be applicable for corrective work (correction of another Technician’s work)
- If you have had Semi-Permanent or Microblading previously using another company, we would advise you to wait 6 months for the treatment to fade
- If you have and existing cosmetic tattoo and you wish for us to enhance or change the existing tattoo, please email us a few close ups images on firstname.lastname@example.org and our expert can advise you
- A free Retouch is included in the full price of the treatment, this should be booked in within 4-6 weeks of initial treatment; after 6 weeks, you will be charged a top up price. This is dependent on the length of time you leave your Retouch from your initial treatment
- Whilst we will use our best endeavours to ensure that bookings for Retouch treatments /Top Up treatments are not cancelled, You acknowledge that this is sometimes unavoidable and You agree:
- To release Us from any liability for any cancellation by Us which is notified to you more than 48 hours before any date booked for Treatment/Retouch/Top Up treatment. Your deposit will not be lost, the appointment will be carried forward
- Benito & Marco Benito can make no guarantee as to how long your individual results will last. Clients results vary person to person. Although its effective and can last 1-3 years in most cases, no guarantee can be made about the length of time they will last. Since everyone’s skin is different, it is very important that each client understands that we cannot guarantee how long the pigment will retain in your skin. This is all dependant on the client’s skin texture, oiliness and aftercare. Most clients will need a 12-18 month Top Up, but these results also vary from person to person
- Benito & Marco Benito cannot rectify clients results if client has not raised feedback or complaint following the retouch appointment which is made 4-6 weeks later. Feedback or complaints must be made within the retouch period for Benito & Marco Benito to rectify.
- No other Semi Permanent/Microblading treatment can be performed by another technician outside Benito & Marco Benito during this period; we will not be able to to carry out the treatment if this is the case
- All Semi-Permanent & Microblading products are supplied by KB Pro
- The risk of an allergic reaction to a treatment can be minor bruising, swelling, flaking, tenderness, dryness, these are everyday risks of post treatments infection which are beyond our control and for which you take full and sole responsibility for
- You have decided (with advice from GP) that you do not suffer from an unsuitable medical condition
You accept and agree:
- That our Technicians are not qualified to give You any medical advice:
- That our Technicians are entitled to rely without further enquiry on the consent to your Treatment given by you in the consent form
- That as an adult (over 18 years old) the decision to have treatment has been made by yourself
- We agree to keep Your personal data strictly in accordance with the provision of GDPR
- Unless or until You notify Us in writing. You agree that we are able to make use of Your contact details for the purpose of marketing our services to You
- You agree to keep any dispute or complaints which arise between Us strictly confidential between ourselves and our respective legal advisors and any mediator
Exclusions (candidates who we cannot treat)
What is a contraindication?
A contraindication is a condition or factor that either renders a medical treatment inadvisable under any circumstances or increases the risks involved in carrying out a medical procedure. If you tick yes to any of the medical conditions you must have a doctor’s consent stating that you are fit to have the procedure
- Under 18 years of age
- Clients with diabetes
- Pregnant and lactating women
- In the event that you become pregnant between your first treatment and your free of charge follow up appointment, the treatment is terminated and the free of charge appointment is lost. You accept that you are not entitled to a refund either in full or part. WE agree to recommence the treatment at full cost with a 20 % discount applied after your period of confinement. You agree to take this treatment within 24 months of the first treatment
- People with glaucoma and people who are taking blood thinning medicines (e.g., aspirin).
- People with skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and undiagnosed rashes or blisters on the Site that is to be treated.
- People with allergies to makeup or colours
- Those with easily triggered post inflammatory hyperpigmentation are not good candidates
- Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Active skin cancer in the area to be tattooed
- Are a hemophiliac
- Have healing disorders, on blood thinners, uncontrolled high blood pressure or had mitral valve Disorder.
- Those on any skin medication such as Roaccutane, steroids which thin and over sensitive the skin
Let us know if you have/had allergic reactions to topical anaesthetics.
Flu or Cold: Please stay home, reschedule your appointment if you have cold or flu or sinus/respiratory infection.
Coumadin: Amount of bleeding and response to topical epinephrine will determine coverage per appointment. If excessive bleeding occurs, extra appointments may be necessary for desired outcome or procedure may not be effective.
Cancers/Chemotherapy: Doctor’s approval is required; the technician can provide a ‘Doctor’s Consent request form’
HIV or Hepatitis: Doctor’s approval is required; the technician can provide a ‘Doctor’s Consent request form’
Laser eye surgery: Wait about 3 months for eyeliner procedure. All other permanent makeup procedures are OK.
Juvederm or other “fillers”: Get permanent makeup first or ask your Juvederm tech for clearance.
Shingles (varicella): If you have shingles on your face, wait several months to get permanent makeup.
Eyelift or blepharoplasty: Wait about 3 months.
Eyelash extensions: AFTER permanent makeup, not before. Or remove them before your procedure.
Pinkeye: As soon as the infection has cleared/medication completed you may proceed
Cold Sores: Clients with a history of cold sores need to pre-medicate with an anti-viral drug (Zoviraz, Valtrex, or Acyclovir) prior to a lip colouring procedure.
We reserve the right to refuse our services.
For Staff/VIP Card Holders
- If you hold a 20/50/100% VIP Card you are entitled to the introductory offer with no other discount
- The maximum discount that can be redeemed for F+F/VIP card holders is the introductory amount of £150
- This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer